A brand voice to tell your story.
A consistent tone of voice makes content easier
How your brand sounds matters.
A brand guideline is a map for how your brand is represented – visually and through tone of voice and language.
A great brand voice guide is a copywriter’s dream come true. It’s a win-win. The copywriter gets to understand how to represent you and your business, and you get to save oodles of time and cash. Ka-ching!
I can review your existing brand voice guide, help you build one from scratch, or write examples to help your team nail TOV.
Where to start with building a brand voice guide
Good brand voice guides put the audience at the centre of how the brand should sound.
Building or reviewing your brand voice might include:
- brand strategy and positioning
- a vision, mission and strategy for your brand
- brand values and personality
- customer personas – who is your brand targeting and what do they need?
- competitor research
- SEO and keyword planning
- content pillars and messaging
- guidelines for tone of voice and language – how does it differ when talking to different audiences?
- content curation guidelines
Why a brand voice guide can help your bottom line
Great copywriting isn’t cheap. Neither is great graphic design. Or web development. Or marketing. Or PR.
If you have a brand guideline, you’re providing a shortcut to understanding your business.
The brand guideline has done the hard work of researching your audience, tone of voice and how you want copywriting to complement the brand and its values.
Ready to find your brand voice?
Let’s put your customer at the heart of how your brand sounds.